Monday, February 2, 2009

all about me

Heyy my name is Courtney. I am a freshman and double major here at UMBC. Many people define media in many different ways. I, however, see it as any source through which we get information whether it be a newspaper or social networking site. Overall, media plays a very important role in my life. Since a young age, writing has always fascinated me. As a child I spent hours interviewing those around me and making up stories. By the time I graduated from high school, I had decided to persue a career in sportswriting. In both high school and here at UMBC, I have had many valuable experiences writing for publications. Much of my free time has been spent doing interviews, perfecting my stories, or creating catchy layouts. In a way, this has changed the way in which I view the media. Often when I read articles, I think about how I would write them differently. Like many people in my generation, I do not get information on current events by reading a newspaper or watching the nightly news. Much of what I know about current events comes from my peers or from online newspapers. My favorite online source for news is the New York Times http://nytimes.com/. Someday I hope to write for this newspaper. As I grow older, media will continue to play an important role in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment